This brown rice and veggie salad makes a healthy dinner.
This recipe is: Corn-Free, Dairy Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
- 1½ cups brown rice
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2½ teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced cucumber
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- ½ cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Prepare brown rice according to package instructions. Once fully cooked, cool rice to room temperature and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, red wine vinegar, lemon zest, brown sugar, salt, garlic powder and black pepper until sugar is fully dissolved. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until the dressing begins to emulsify and thicken.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, carrots, onion, cilantro and cooled rice. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently stir to combine.
Leave a Reply