This salad can be put together quickly and making zucchini ribbons, instead of chopping, dresses up whatever comes off the grill – from stuffed mushrooms to glazed chicken to a burger on a warm toasted bun.
This recipe is: Gluten-Free
Yields: 4 servings
Total Time: 20 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cool water
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound of zucchini, ribbons
- 2 cups tomato, whole cherry tomatoes halved or beefsteak chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can black olives, rinsed, drained, sliced in half
- ½ pound mozzarella balls, large cut or small whole
- ½ cup red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup basil, sliced thinly, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl or measuring cup, combine red wine vinegar, olive oil, water, garlic, honey and onion powder and whisk until honey dissolves.
- In a large bowl, place zucchini, tomato, black olives, mozzarella, red onion and ¾ cup of basil. To make zucchini ribbons, use vegetable peeler and peel down zucchini lengthwise in long strokes. Toss ingredients together using hands.
- Pour red wine vinegar mixture over the salad and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place salad in a serving dish or storage container and refrigerate for one to two hours prior to serving. Prior to serving, sprinkle ¼ cup of sliced basil over the salad for garnish.
Leave a Reply