This upgraded turkey sandwich recipe is higher in protein than most. You can skip the cheese to make it dairy free- or switch it up with your favorite cheese choice.
- 2 slices sourdough, hearty country, whole grain, or gluten-free bread (we like Rudi’s dairy-free Bakery, which has both an Organic line and a range of Gluten-Free bread)
- ¼ cup hummus (such Sabra’s Classic Hummus)
- 2 leaves bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 2 thin slices purple onion
- 2-3¼-inch thick slices leftover turkey
- ¼ cup cranberry sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lightly toast both slices of bread.
- Spread both pieces of bread with hummus.
- Layer on lettuce, purple onion, turkey, cheese, cranberry sauce and another layer of lettuce, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add top piece of bread, hummus side down.