These cookies scream Merry Christmas! Ultimate Peppermint Bark Cookies are actually Salted Peppermint Bark Cookies with Crushed Gluten Free Peppermint Joe Joe’s!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temp (1 stick)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups minus 2 Tbs. gluten free flour blend
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. coarse Kosher salt
- ½ cup peppermint bark baking pieces (Trader Joe’s or Andes)
- ½-1 cup chopped gluten free “Peppermint Joe Joe’s” (or Oreo-like sandwich cookies)*
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment.
- In your mixer, combine the softened butter and sugars. Cream until light in color, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and let beat until completely mixed in. Then, add the vanilla and let it mix in.
- Turn off your mixer and add the flour, baking powder and salt. Turn your mixer on and let it pull into a dough. Just before the flour looks mixed in (ribbons), add the peppermint bark pieces and chopped up Joe Joe’s. Let those mix in and the dough to pull together, then turn off your mixer.
- Scoop out your dough onto your parchment (I use a 1-2Tbs cookie scoop), well spaced (max 12 cookies per cookie sheet). Sprinkle each dough mound with coarse salt.
- Bake cookies for 13 minutes. (you don’t want to over-bake them, so they may look pale, but they shouldn’t look like they’re raw at all)
Let cool on a wire rack before transferring the cookies from the pans to the wire racks to finish cooling. Enjoy!