These gluten-free snacks are coated in a vegan dark chocolate magic shell, and no one will ever know they are good for you! They’re amazingly delicious, packed full of fiber, healthy nutrients, and natural sugars!
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cooked
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup BBF Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup BBF PBfit®
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp BBF Organic Chia Seeds + 3 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup BBF Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- DARK CHOCOLATE – 4oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 oz BBF Virgin Coconut Oil, liquid
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Peel your sweet potato and bake it or microwave it until it’s thoroughly cooked. Mash it all up and Set aside.
- Next, use a food processor to grind the oats until they are more like a flour or meal texture. Pour into a large bowl.
- Then make a chia egg. Combine 1 tbsp chia seeds with 3 tbsp water. Let it sit for 20 minutes or until a gel is formed.
- Combine everything but the chia egg into a large bowl or blender. Mix it up really well until a thick cookie dough-like batter is formed. Add in your chia egg and mix again.
- Roll batter into balls and place on baking sheet with parchment paper. Balls should be about the size of golf balls. Press them down gently so they have a flat bottom.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
For the Dark Chocolate Magic Shell Coating
- Gently place a stainless steel or pyrex bowl on top of a pot of simmering (not boiling) water. Place chocolate in bowl and stirring occasionally, let the chocolate melt. (you can use a double boiler as well)
- Once it starts melting, add in the coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Continue cooking on medium-low heat, stirring until everything is melted.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Dip your bites or balls into the melted chocolate, or drizzle chocolate on top.
- Place dough balls on a plate or cookie sheet in freezer for 30 minutes. Remove from freezer and sprinkle with extra peanut flour.
- You will have melted chocolate left over.
Source: Better Body Foods contributed by Lindsay Cotter, cottercrunch.com
Leave a Reply