This innovative spin on vegan hash browns uses the power of the waffle iron to get extra crispy hash brown waffles. Grab your favorite ketchup and get ready to dig into these hash brown waffles!
- 1 pound of frozen shredded potatoes, thawed
- 1½ tablespoons of vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Squeeze excess water out of the shredded potatoes and toss in a large bowl with the melted vegan butter or coconut oil, salt, and pepper. Stirring until well incorporated. The shreds should be evenly coated before proceeding.
- Lightly grease the waffle maker. Distribute the potato mixture evenly and packing it in firmly. Close the lid tightly and cook on medium-high for 5-8 minutes (longer if using a thicker Belgian-style waffle iron), until golden brown all over. Serve right away, while still hot and crisp!
You can find ready-to-cook shredded potatoes in the refrigerated section of some grocery stores, alongside prepared and packaged side dishes.