This layered nacho taco dip is an appetizer you can feel great about and has the unexpected twist of being loaded with healthy ingredients that will keep you feeling satisfied. The “Cheese” layer is made with Chickapea Vegan Mac so it is also perfect for a potluck, as it is safe for sharing being gluten free, nut free, and vegan.
- 1 Package Chickapea Vegan Mac
- 14oz can vegan refried beans
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning, (see recipe below)
- 2 Tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 3 avocados
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp chili oil or ¼ tsp hot sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
Taco Seasoning Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp dried onion pieces
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tomato, Diced
- ½ avocado, Diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Prepare Chickapea Vegan Mac to package specifications, (heat 6 cups of water in a large pot over high heat until boiling. Add pasta and 1 tsp of salt to the water, decrease heat to maintain a gentle boil. Stir and cook pasta for 6 minutes. Reserving 1/3 cup of starch water, strain and rinse the pasta. Adding the noodles and 1/3 cup starch water back to the pot, combine with 2 Tbsp coconut oil and seasoning package. Whisk until well combined)
- While cooking pasta, mix all taco seasoning ingredients together in a sealable, reusable container and set aside
- In a square 8-inch pan press refried beans down to cover the base evenly
- In a medium sized bowl mix 3 avocados, lime juice, garlic, chili oil/hot sauce and salt
- Crush avocado mixture together with the back of a fork until it reaches a guacamole type texture
- Transfer avocado mixture to the square dish and spread out evenly to form the second layer
- Once Chickapea Vegan Mac is prepared with seasoning package, coconut oil and starch water, (as laid out on package), transfer to a blender
- Add vegan cream cheese and 1 Tbsp of taco seasoning to the blender and process until smooth
- Spread the mixture into the square dish on top of avocado layer, dampening your spatula slightly to make the top smooth.
- Sprinkle with all topping ingredients evenly
Serve and enjoy!
This dip is best when served the day it is made. If you have left over dip, cover it well and place in the fridge overnight. The next day it is best served in a taco shell with salsa.
The leftover taco seasoning can be stored for a month in a closed, dry container and used in other recipes.