This Vegan Mexican Chopped Salad is one of my favorites. It?s vegan and gluten-free, it?s packed with dietary fiber and proteins, it looks like a rainbow and the avocado dressing is so good! Besides, it?s very easy to make and it?s a perfect salad for your takeout lunch, barbecue party or even dinner!
For the vegan Mexican chopped salad:
- 2?teaspoons?olive oil
- 1?ear corn?husks and silk removed
- 2?bell?peppers?red and green
- 4?medium-sized?tomatoes?red and yellow
- 1/2?red onion
- 1 cup pre-boiled or canned?black beans
For the avocado dressing:
- 1/2 cup water?(more to adjust the consistency)
- 1?tablespoon?lime juice
- salt and freshly?ground black pepper?to taste
- GRILL YOUR CORN: Use a broiler or a griddle pan. Heat a lug of olive oil over medium-high heat and grill the whole corn cob for 15 minutes, lid closed, turning every 5 minutes, until the cob has black burn marks here and there and the kernels are soft (you can check it by piercing the cob with a fork). Let it cool a bit and remove the kernels with a knife.
- CHOP THE VEGGIES: While your corn is grilling, chop the veggies. Dice red and?green bell pepper, red and yellow tomatoes, red onion, scallions and avocado and arrange on two plates, creating sections (or in any other way you like). Add pre-boiled (or canned)black beans?and corn kernels.
- MAKE THE DRESSING: Pit and peel avocado, add water, olive oil,?lime juice,?cumin, a pinch of salt and freshly?ground black pepper?and process with an immersion blender until smooth. Pour the dressing over the salad. Enjoy!