Tired of going to sandwich shops and not being able to get the Soup & Sandwich Lunch special? Mix and match some of our soup and sandwich recipes for the perfect at home lunch treat.
Yields: 8-10 Servings
Total Time:?1 hour
Prep Time:?15 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, cut into rounds
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ? teaspoon dried thyme
- ? teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 bunch kale, de-stemmed and cut into strips
- 2 cups green peas
- 2 quarts vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil a large, deep pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, add onions, carrots and celery. Saut? until translucent and soft, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme and parsley and saut? until fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add kale and peas and stir to combine. Add vegetable stock and tomato paste. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.