Walnuts, oats, coconut and dried fruits are the base for this chewy granola bar. Make ahead of time for a delicious snack all week long! These homemade granola bars will soon be a pantry must have.
- 3 cups old fashioned (rolled) oats
- 1 cup roughly chopped California walnuts
- 1/3 cup unsweetened or sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 large Medjool dates, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line an 11×7 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Stir together oats, walnuts, coconut, cranberries, brown sugar, cinnamon and dates in a large bowl.
- Add honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and pulse until all ingredients are chopped and stick together when pressed between your fingers.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and press down very firmly using a spatula or your hands. (Covering mixture with a piece of parchment or plastic wrap and pressing down with your fingers makes this easier.)
- Bake for 25 minutes, then let cool completely. Remove from pan and cut into 8 equal bars.