Soft, chewy, ginger-y and wait…there’s no gluten? Oh yeah. Recipe courtesy of Meriem Kouar from Culinary Couture.
- 2-1/4 cups Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1-3/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter melted and browned
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar packed
- 1 Egg
- pinch Vanilla Powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar for rolling
- 9 oz White Chocolate chopped
- Candy Sprinkles optional
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt and brown butter until it foams and gives off a nutty aroma. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, add brown sugar and browned butter. Beat together for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy. Add egg, vanilla, and molasses, and beat until well-incorporated.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer, and gradually fold in dry ingredients with a spatula. Transfer dough to a refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour 1/4 cup granulated sugar into a small bowl.
- Remove chilled dough from refrigerator and use a medium-cookie scoop to scoop out equal sized portions of dough. Roll portions into balls, then roll the balls in the sugar to coat.
- Place balls on a non-stick cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave or over a double boiler, melt white chocolate until smooth. Dip cookies into melted chocolate and top with sprinkles if desired. Place cookies on a sheet of wax paper and allow the chocolate to set up at room temperature.
Source: Bob’s Red Mill