This is the perfect recipe as a salad for cold, winter days when you can’t stand the thought of eating anything chilled. Instead, we’re going to sauté the spinach with onion, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, and chickpeas.
The whole thing gets doused with lemon juice for a hot and delicious lunch or dinner that’s ready in minutes. You won’t believe how easy this is. And I bet you have the ingredients in your kitchen right now.
- 1 large package baby spinach
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, ribs removed, and chopped – medium dice
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 1/2 container grape tomatoes
- 1 large lemon, zested and freshly juiced
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large can of chickpeas
- Sea salt to taste
- Add extra virgin olive oil to large skillet over medium-low heat, add onion and cook until onion becomes translucent (about 5 minutes). Add garlic, ginger, tomatoes, red bell pepper, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes. Cook about 3 to 4 min.
- Next, add the chickpeas (rinsed well and drained), cook for another 3 to 4 min. Add spinach (it will be easier if you add the spinach in 2 batches). When spinach starts to wilt, add the lemon juice and sea salt. Cook for additional 2 minutes and serve.